Senior portrait locations are a fun part of the senior portrait experience. Like clothing, they can add a lot of character to your portraits.
This is the first in a series of locations for high school senior portraits in and around Dallas, TX.
I have been a professional photographer in the Dallas, Texas area for over 7 years, so I have lots of experience working in new locations and perfecting locations where I've worked many times.
Over the years, I've come up with a list of things to consider when choosing a location for a senior photography session. I thought you mind find them helpful. Things like:
- Do you want outdoor or indoor portraits?
- If outdoor:
- Do you want foliage?
- Do you want to wear sweaters or more springy dresses and outfits?
- Would you like to do a spring session and a fall session?
- How much does it bother you to sweat?
- What is your senior's style?
- Does your senior like funky, modern clothing?
- Or are they more traditional?
- Does your senior play sports?
- If so, you might like to do part of the session where your senior plays sports.
- Deadlines are important, too. If you want spring portraits, be sure to schedule them early.
- Does your senior like to stay close to home or venture out to new locations?
- How will you display the portraits?
- It is important to consider where you will hang a wall portrait. For example, it might not look great to have a super modern location portrait in a very traditionally styled home.
I hope these have given you some ideas to consider. This series will feature some different locations in and around the Dallas, Texas area.
Enjoy the series! Click here to read about the first featured location.