Richardson Senior Portrait Location - "Doesn't Look Like Dallas" Park
Senior portrait locations are a fun part of the senior portrait experience. Like clothing, they can add a lot of character to your portraits. (Sign up to our enewsletter list below to get your Free Style Guide foryour senior portrait session.) This is the third in a series talking about senior portrait locations in and around Dallas, TX.
The first location I want to feature is best in the spring and fall because it is outdoors. You've seen it on my website and blog if you've looked at all. It is a perfect outdoor location because:
- We can photograph at a bridge, a rocky area, and a grassy area all in a one-hour session.
- It is not far off Hwy. 75, which runs through the center of the Dallas area, so it is convenient for most people.
- This location allows for a lot of variation in posing; there are places to stand, sit, or lie down (on a blanket).
- There are beautiful wildflowers in the spring and beautiful leaves in the fall season.
- Most seniors really enjoy being outside for their sessions.
I really enjoy the variety of this location. However, there is a downside: I cannot reserve it ahead of time and it is a very popular spot. The good news is that I am always able to work my way in there to get the shots I want, so no worries there. I call this the "Doesn't Look Like Dallas" Park. It is in Richardson, but that's not what I mean by "doesn't look like Dallas". OK, don't be offended by this. I've lived in this area for a very long time and love it here, but, let's face it, it's refreshing when you come upon a place that looks different from all the others around. This location is perfect for a senior who :
- Wants different settings all in one location.
- Doesn't mind lots of other people around for the session (not in your shots, of course!).
- Feels comfortable and relaxed outdoors.
- Doesn't mind sweating a little or having her hair blow a bit.
Here is a shot taken on the bridge:
Here is one taken on a grassy area:
There is a lot of variety in this location and I know it very well and have a method down for how to most efficiently shoot out there.
Do you love it? If so, please sign up for our newsletter below to get a Free Style Guide and to get the latest information about Studio You Portraits. Also, stay tuned for the next in the series about senior portrait locations. Thanks for reading!