Like a lot of things in life, preparation is key. In this article, I will give you the top 10 tips on how to prepare for your Dallas senior portrait session.
1) Call at least a month ahead of time to schedule your senior portrait session. You'll want to give yourself time to prepare.
2) Ask if your photographer does a consultation. If so, you'll want this far enough ahead of time in case you need to shop for new clothing. I always do an in-home consultation for my senior clients. We talk a lot about locations and clothing so they will be ready when the big day comes. The other advantage of a consultation is that it will give you a chance to meet your photographer, if you haven't met her before. This is important because you will immediately be comfortable at your session, since you've gotten to know your photographer beforehand.
3) Book your makeup artist (unless your photographer does that). And I highly recommend makeup. There are a few reasons for this. First, it gives girls confidence. But, also, a good makeup artist knows how to contour and use makeup that will photograph well. Oh, and lashes are awesome. I recommend them for almost everyone. I've had only one girl with lashes so long she didn't need fake ones. I was so jealous!
4) Get your hair cut prior to the session. If it's a new style, best to have it cut enough ahead of time so that you learn how you like it styled. If you wear bangs, make sure they aren't in your eyes or style them so they are pushed to the side.
5) Get plenty of sleep the night before your session.
6) Drink plenty of water prior to your session. Makeup will go on much more smoothly and you'll look healthier if you are hydrated. Plus, you'll feel better!
7) At least a day before your session, make a checklist of everything you need to take to the session, such as outfits, accessories, shoes, senior jacket, and senior ring.
8) Make sure your clothing is wrinkle-free. If your clothing has wrinkles, iron it.
9) On the day of the session, pack your car with everything from your list.
10) Leave early enough for your session so that you do not feel rushed. Better to be there a little early than late, which will ensure you will arrive at your session all stressed out - not great for photographs.
Thanks for reading these top 10 tips to get you ready for your Dallas senior portrait session!
Call 214.783.9691 or e-mail Dawn@StudioYouPortraits.com to set up your appointment today!